Prepare beets ahead of time, refrigerate until needed, and this salad dinner comes together quickly. Serve with hot French bread.
- 8 ounces boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon (style mustard, divided)
- 4 lemon pepper (teaspons)
- 1 head butter lettuce (cleaned)
- 8 beets (small, roasted, peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese (crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
- Rub pork chops with 2 tablespoons mustard and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Grill chops directly over fire for 8-9 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from grill and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange lettuce on four dinner plates; top with sliced beets and onion. Slice chops and fan on top of each salad. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, dill, remaining 1/2 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over each salad and sprinkle with goat cheese and walnuts.