- 3 beets (medium sized, any variety, I used a mix of red and golden beets)
- olive oil
- 1 pear (ripe, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled, or more)
- 3 handfuls salad greens (your choice)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional, for a heartier salad)
- sprouts (micro, for garnish, also optional)
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- balsamic vinegar (a drizzle of)
- honey (a drizzle of)
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Darcie P. 20 days ago
Delish! Excellent use of seasonal fruits and veggies.
Suzan Horvatinovich 11 Oct
I love It! I will make it again.
Kathleen Cannon 10 Jun
This was a love salad, great flavor and texture
Betsy Bowers 2 Apr
Very flavorful & great texture. Even without any protein (except for the cheese), this is quite filling - I would call this comfort food salad! I added yellow pepper cut into chunks & substituted blue cheese crumbles for the feta.
Joyce 12 Jan
This is such a beautiful and delicately tasty salad. My husband loved it and asked for it again today. I almost was going to use olive oil instead of Walnut oil for dressing. Wow, so glad I didn’t, the Walnut oil is beautiful. Better than best Bay Area restaurant salad I have had. Thank you!
Sally M. 13 Nov 2017
Wonderful but should replace pears with a sweet apple its much better
Kelly Hunn 12 Oct 2017
Beautiful. Full of flavour and wonderful, didn’t need the salad but added a bit extra quinoa.
Somera 11 Oct 2017
Superb! I mixed kale & spinach for my greens and used Anjou pears instead of the Asian! My guests loved it!
Raymond Heller 10 Oct 2017
Turned out great. Did add the quinoa. Served it with grilled pork loin. Delicious recipe. Will make it again.
Esther Choo 9 Oct 2017
To make it easier, but beets already roasted (or canned), drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Cambo 16 Dec 2016
I enjoyed this salad. It has a nice combination of flavours with a balance of sweet and tangy. Best to prepare ahead, would be good for a BBQ etc
Tim W. 3 Nov 2016
Absolutely excellent salad, delicious!! Had it with grilled glazed pork chops and mushroom quinoa. Perfect combination for an excellent dinner!