Wrapping in fish in bacon will infuse it with smoky flavor and keep it nice and juicy during cooking. In this recipe, the fish are first seasoned with salt, paprika, dried oregano, and fresh parsley and then sprinkled with white wine. Once wrapped, they are drizzled with some olive oil and roasted until the fish is opaque throughout and the bacon is crispy (but it won't get too crispy, thanks to the fish).
- 3 bass (small, ready to use)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 6 slices bacon
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F). Arrange bass in a glass baking dish.
- Season with salt, paprika, oregano, parsley and white wine.
- Wrap two thin slices of bacon around each fish.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Bake until fish is cooked and bacon is crispy .
- Serve with cooked green beans, if desired.