- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 1/4 ounces instant polenta
- 2 ounces parmesan (grated)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 roma tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 spanish onions (cut into wedges)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (large, sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (deseeded, sliced)
- 1/4 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto
- baby spinach (to serve)
- balsamic vinegar (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease and line a 12x8 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bring stock and milk to a boil over medium heat. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 mins, whisking constantly, until thick. Remove from heat, add 1/4 cup Parmesan and butter. Season. Transfer to prepared tray and smooth surface. Chill then cut into thirds.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Bake for 40-45 mins, until tender.
- Increase oven to 400°F. Place one strip of polenta on another baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread ricotta and pesto over polenta then arrange 1/2 of the vegetables on top. Repeat layers, finishing with polenta. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and bake for 15-20 mins, until cheese melts. Cut into 4 portions.
- Serve hot with baby spinach, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.