Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without a tender turkey on the day itself. And the key to this recipe is the smoky bacon, tangy orange and fresh herbs that combine for a delicious baste. Not forgetting to mix the turkey roasting juices with your Kno…
r Gravy pots for a more intense flavour.
- 6.5 kilograms turkey (oven-ready)
- 200 grams butter
- 1 orange
- 3 smoked bacon rashers (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and thyme)
- black pepper
- stuffing (your choice)
- 2 Knorr Chicken Gravy Pots
- Carefully loosen the skin over the turkey breasts.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the baste and spread under the skin over the breast.
- Press any chosen stuffing into the neck end of the turkey. Tuck the neck flap under the bird’s back and secure with a small skewer.