- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces bacon (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (lemon)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (don't use packaged dried breadcrumbs)
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley (chopped roughly)
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts (unsalted, chopped roughly)
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- cracked black pepper
- 1 whole turkey (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons duck fat (or vegetable oil Sea salt flakes)
- baby spinach leaves (to serve)
- Remove turkey from fridge 30 mins prior to cooking. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make stuffing, heat olive oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Cook bacon and onion for 10 mins or until bacon starts to color, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and lemon thyme and cook for 2mins, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Add parsley, macadamia nuts, cranberries and pepper to stuffing mix and stir to combine. Allow to cool.
- Fill cavity of bird with stuffing. Cross legs and tie together using twine. Dry skin with paper towel, then rub with duck fat or vegetable oil and sea salt.
- Place breast side down in baking pan, cover with foil and roast for 2 hours. Remove foil, turn breast side up, baste with cooking juices and continue to cook uncovered for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until cooked through and skin is crisp.
- Remove turkey from oven and place on platter to rest for 30 mins. To make sure turkey is cooked, insert skewer into thickest part of thigh. If juices run clear, turkey is ready. If not, return to the oven and check at 20 min intervals. Serve rested turkey on a bed of baby spinach for carving.