Roast Turkey Leg With Rosemary and PotatoesO Meu Tempero
A turkey leg is much easier to prepare than a whole bird; besides taking much less time to cook, there's none of the worry about making sure the legs are cooked without overcooking the breast meat. In this recipe, the turkey leg is seasoned with garlic and herbs and allowed to marinate, for as long as a day. Then it's seared in a pan to brown all sides before being tucked into the oven, with potatoes added about halfway through.
- 1 turkey legs (large)
- 5 pepper (mixed colors)
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- hot water
- 15 small potatoes
- 1Season turkey with salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and broken bay leaves.
- 2Tip: Season previous day and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 4In a large pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 5Add turkey leg and sear on both sides.
- 6Place turkey leg and pan juices in a large, ovenproof platter.
- 7Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of butter cut in small pieces.
- 8Cover with aluminum foil.
- 9Roast in preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Keep adding hot water to form sauce.
- 11About halfway through cooking time, remove aluminum foil.
- 12Baste turkey top sauce that it is forming in roasting pan.
- 13Add peeled potatoes at this time.
- 14Arrange around the turkey and return pan to oven.
- 15When turkey is done and potatoes are knife-tender, let rest for a few minutes before carving.