Roast Rabbit with VegetablesAs receitas lá de casa
Although you may have never cooked rabbit yourself, if you find yourself ordering it at restaurants, you will want to give this recipe a try. You can find rabbit at some butcher shops and gourmet grocers and also online. Here the rabbit is roasted on a bed of onion and zucchini and surrounded by tomatoes and mushrooms; the whole thing is sprinkled with breadcrumbs, which turn delightfully crisp and golden during cooking.
- 1/4 rabbit
- 1 onions (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 zucchini (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- chopped parsley (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cut the rabbit in pieces.
- 3In a small baking dish, add the onion and zucchini.
- 4Place the rabbit pieces on top.
- 5Mince the garlic cloves on top of the rabbit.
- 6Place the tomatoes and mushrooms around the rabbit in the baking dish.
- 7Season with salt and paprika and sprinkle with a little olive oil and parsley.
- 8Cover with breadcrumbs and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.