Although you may have never cooked rabbit yourself, if you find yourself ordering it at restaurants, you will want to give this recipe a try. You can find rabbit at some butcher shops and gourmet grocers and also online. Here the rabbit is roasted on a bed of onion and zucchini and surrounded by tomatoes and mushrooms; the whole thing is sprinkled with breadcrumbs, which turn delightfully crisp and golden during cooking.
- 1/4 rabbit
- 1 onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 zucchini (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 6 fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- paprika (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- chopped parsley (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the rabbit in pieces.
- In a small baking dish, add the onion and zucchini.
- Place the rabbit pieces on top.
- Mince the garlic cloves on top of the rabbit.
- Place the tomatoes and mushrooms around the rabbit in the baking dish.
- Season with salt and paprika and sprinkle with a little olive oil and parsley.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.