- 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and sage. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound) or until meat thermometer registers until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain raspberries; reserve liquid, adding water to make 3/4 cup, if necessary. Combine 1/2 cup raspberry liquid with sugar, vinegar, cloves, ginger and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Blend cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup liquid; add to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in raspberries, lemon juice, butter and food coloring.
- Place roast on a platter; serve with sauce.