- 3 cloves garlic (large)
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pork loin roast (abut 4 1/2 lbs, boned, skin scored)
- sea salt flakes
- 4 parsnips (peeled and quartered)
- 4 pears (peeled, quartered and cored)
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 2 oranges peel (grated and oranges juiced)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a rack in a large roasting pan. Use a mortar and pestle to lightly crush garlic, fennel seeds and half of rosemary. Mix in 1 tsp oil and paprika and season well.
- If loin is rolled and tied, use a small knife to make a slit between fat and flesh at each end of pork. Push paste through to center with a small spatula. If loin is not rolled and tied, remove skin and fat in one piece. Place skin on a board, fat-side up, and spread with paste. Place skin back onto pork and tie at intervals with string to secure. Pat skin dry with paper towels.
- Brush 1 tbsp oil all over skin and rub in a generous amount of sea salt, pushing well into slits. Place pork on rack. Roast for 20 mins, until skin begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, toss parsnip, pear, potato, orange peel and juice with remaining rosemary and oil. Place on a foil-lined baking pan. Reduce oven to 350°F. Bake vegetables and pork for 1 hour 30 mins, until crackling is golden and crisp and vegetables are tender. Toss vegetables occasionally, adding a little water if starting to burn.
- Let pork stand in a warm place for 15 mins. Carve into slices and arrange on a serving platter with vegetables.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.