This pork roast is traditionally made with fresh pork leg and can be easily substituted. Be sure to plan for leftovers to enjoy Cuban sandwiches. Serve with black beans and rice, sliced orange and red onion salad dressed with vinaigrette and crusty bread.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless OR boneless fresh leg of pork, netted or tied)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In small bowl, mix together all seasonings, then rub this mixture on all surfaces of the pork roast. Place roast in shallow pan and roast in a 350 degrees F. oven for 1 hour, or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.