- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 fresh pineapple (OR 1 8 1/4-oz can sliced pineapple)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns (in vinegar, drained)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 pound spinach
- Place tenderloin in open roasting pan; criss-cross two bacon slices over each. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for 20-27 minutes or till meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 5-minute rest time.
- Pare fresh pineapple and slice into 1/2-inch slices. In a 10-inch skillet melt butter. Saute pineapple; remove. Add sugar to skillet and cook over medium heat till carmelized, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and chicken broth; bring to boiling and cook till sugar dissolves. (If using canned pineapple, drain and add juice to chicken broth.) Add peppercorns and boil rapidly to reduce to about 1 cup. Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into hot mixture. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Season with salt, if desired. Steam spinach and keep warm.
- To serve, slice tenderloin and serve with pineapple and spinach. Spoon peppercorn sauce atop.