Roast Pork Loin Southwest StylePork
Your family will say "ole" when they try this southwest roast. Enjoy with Chile Corn Pudding and baked sweet potatoes.
- 4 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped and seeded)
- 1 onions (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tomatillos (peeled, chopped, optional)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (chopped, seeded, optional)
- 4 ounces green chile (chopped and drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno pepper and chilies; cook about 2 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add oregano, cumin, red pepper and coriander; mix well. Refrigerate mixture until thoroughly chilled.
- 2Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Using sharp knife, cut 8-10 slits about 1 inch long and 1 inch deep in top and sides of pork roast. Press heaping teaspoonful of cold vegetable mixture into each slit; spread remaining mixture over top and sides of roast. Place in prepared pan. Roast for about 1 1/4 hours (about 20 minutes per pound), or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.