- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup grenadine syrup (divided)
- 1/3 cup sweet vermouth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon (style mustard)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Rub nutmeg & thyme on top and sides of roast. Place in shallow pan and roast for 45-60 minutes (20 minutes per pound) in a 350 degree F. oven, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes. Baste roast with 1/2 cup grenadine syrup several times during roasting.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining the remaining 1/2 cup grenadine syrup with vermouth, orange juice, mustard, onions and ginger. Stir until blended. Mix cornstarch well with water, add to sauce and stir over low heat until thickened.
- To serve, arrange slices of roast on each plate. Serve with sauce and garnish with pomegranate seeds.