Fresh pork leg is a very lean cut, making it perfect for roasting. Serve with pineapple sauce, green peas, scalloped potatoes, cole slaw and warm dinner rolls. Any leftovers are great sliced for sandwiches.
- 4 pounds boneless leg of pork
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple (drained, reserving juices)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place pork in shallow roasting pan. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan put pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar, curry powder and ginger. Whisk to blend thoroughly. Bring to boiling, stirring; reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove 1/4 cup of sauce for basting roast during last 30 minutes. Add pineapple to remaining sauce, cook and stir 3-4 minutes more, set aside to serve with roast.