Roast Leg of Pork with Glazed Dried FruitsPORK
Fresh leg of pork is a richly-flavored roast that will let you feed a houseful of hungry guests effortlessly. Served with a mixture of dried apricots, apples and other fruits, the richness of this “wow them” centerpiece is balanced with a touch of sweetness. Serve with Wild Rice with Cranberry Bacon and Pecans, Twice-Cooked Green Beans and dinner rolls. Finish the meal with warm apple cobbler and cinnamon ice cream.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork on a rack in large shallow roasting pan. Roast for 3 1/2hours to five hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 145 degrees F. (About 15 minutes per pound.)
- While pork is cooking, in a large bowl, combine wine, apple juice, honey, ginger, mustard and 4 teaspoons of orange peel. Add dried figs, apricots, pears and cranberries; stir to combine. Let stand while pork roasts, stirring occasionally.
- About 45 minutes before pork is done, remove from oven. Spoon off excess fat.
- Add fruit mixture to roasting pan and continue roasting until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven and cover with foil ; let rest about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Arrange pork and fruit on a serving platter. Sprinkle pork with parsley mixture.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories370Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes