®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Roast Leg of Pork with Glazed Dried Fruits
Fresh leg of pork is a richly-flavored roast that will let you feed a houseful of hungry guests effortlessly. Served with a mixture of dried apricots, apples and other fruits, the richness of this “wow them” centerpiece is balanced with a touch of sweetness. Serve with Wild Rice with Cranberry Bacon and Pecans, Twice-Cooked Green Beans and dinner rolls. Finish the meal with warm apple cobbler and cinnamon ice cream.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork on a rack in large shallow roasting pan. Roast for 3 1/2hours to five hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 145 degrees F. (About 15 minutes per pound.)
- While pork is cooking, in a large bowl, combine wine, apple juice, honey, ginger, mustard and 4 teaspoons of orange peel. Add dried figs, apricots, pears and cranberries; stir to combine. Let stand while pork roasts, stirring occasionally.
- About 45 minutes before pork is done, remove from oven. Spoon off excess fat.
- Add fruit mixture to roasting pan and continue roasting until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven and cover with foil ; let rest about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon orange peel; set aside. Arrange pork and fruit on a serving platter. Sprinkle pork with parsley mixture.