- 1 1/2 pounds duck breast (if frozen needs to be thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- black truffles (Shaved)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse duck breasts and wipe dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, cut diamond patterns in the fat. Be careful not to score the meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe heavy-bottomed stainless steel pan or a KitchenAid® Professional Cast Iron Casserole on medium high for 3 to 4 minutes. (If using a cast iron pot, add a couple of drops of olive oil and distribute with a paper towel by rubbing.) Cook duck, non-fat side down for about 60 to 90 seconds. Lower heat to medium or medium low and cook the duck fat side down for about 10 to 12 minutes until fat is rendered and the skin is browned. Remove the duck fat and place in a small bowl.
- Move pot to the KitchenAid® Electric Freestanding Double Oven Range and allow the duck breasts to roast for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the meat is medium rare. Remove pot from oven and place duck on a plate or cutting board. Allow the duck breast to rest for at least 5 to 6 minutes before slicing.
- After removing the duck from the pan, place pan back on medium heat and melt butter. Add heavy cream and milk and allow increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and allow the liquid to reduce, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add black truffles.
- Serve duck breast with black truffle cream sauce and your favorite potato dish. I served this dish with a mashed potato and carrot side dish.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.