Roasting is one of the best ways to prepare a whole chicken, but it can take longer than you might want for a weekday dinner. Problem solved: Here the chicken is cut into pieces so they cook more quickly and also evenly, plus each piece will have more golden brown surfaces. But before it goes into the oven, it's covered with sausage meat, which becomes delightfully crispy in the oven while also helping the chicken stay juicy and flavorful.
- 1 farinheiras (or similar)
- 1 chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- olive oil (to taste)
- Bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Prick the sausage with a fork and put it in the water.
- Put the chicken on an ovenproof tray, sprinkle with lemon juice, a little salt, and olive oil.
- Remove the sausage from the water.
- Save the cooking water.
- Remove the sausage skin.
- Spread the sausage filling on top of the chicken and bake for about 1/2 hour.
- When the sausage is crispy, the chicken will be ready.
- Serve with white rice, cooked in the water used to cook the sausage.