Have some leftover chicken that you just do not know what to do with? Never fear, this recipe will help you use it all up. Shredded by hand, the chicken is then added to a fried onion and mushroom mixture to which is added chili powder and cream for a creamy chicken mixture that pairs beautifully with your favorite whole wheat pasta. This recipe recommends spaghetti, but can also be made with pappardelle or fettuccine.
- 250 grams whole roasting chicken (shredded, with meat juices)
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 onions
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 1 bunch coriander
- If the chicken and juices are very cold, heat for 2 minutes in the microwave. This will make it easier to shred the meat from the bones.
- Remove the bones by hand and shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Finely slice the onions and mushrooms. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the onion and mushrooms and fry gently until soft.
- Add the chicken and stir in the meat juices. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder and cream. Adjust the seasoning and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Bring to the boil 1 1/2 liter of water with a pinch of salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Chop the coriander and set aside.
- Serve the pasta, covered with sauce and sprinkled with coriander.
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.