Roast Chicken Breast with Asparagus Pasta and Lemon Butter SauceRECIPESPLUS
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- 5 sprigs fresh basil (finely chopped, plus additional leaves, for garnish)
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon juice
- 2 chicken breasts (skin-on, on the bone, about 1 lb each)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 14 ounces tagliatelle pasta
- 1 pound asparagus (woody ends snapped off, cut into diagonal slices)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Beat the butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in the shallot, Worcestershire sauce, chopped basil and lemon peel and juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Spoon into a log on plastic wrap. Roll up and refrigerate for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken all over with paprika, salt and black pepper. Place in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 40 mins until cooked through.
- Heat a small skillet and toast the peppercorns 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from the pan and coarsely crush. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions, adding the asparagus 3 mins before the end of the cooking time.
- Reserve 1 tbsp cream. Bring remaining cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to low; gradually add the lemon butter, stirring until melted. Add the reserved cream.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Remove from the bone and slice. Drain the pasta and asparagus and arrange on 4 plates. Top with the chicken. Drizzle with the sauce and garnish with basil leaves and peppercorns.
|Calories570Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|