Roast Beet Salad with Sprouts and Brique CheeseHOJE PARA JANTAR
Roasted beets are the base for this simple salad. The beets are paired with salty cheese, olive paste, and arugula for a healthy meal. Enjoy this as a side-dish with a piece of grilled meat or you can enjoy it as a light meal on its own. The salad comes together easily, and makes for the perfect meal on a fall day when you want something healthy. A sprinkling of pistachios dinishes the dish off with a little bit crunch.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and bake them at 200 degrees Celsius, for about 1 1/2 hours. Because the process is time consuming, I recommend roasting several and store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool until you can handle. Remove the aluminum foil, and use a knife to peel the beet. The skin comes off easily if you do this while It's still warm.
- Cut into slices or quarters.
- Prepare the salad by mixing the olive paste, and arugula. Season with a little bit of olive oil, and salt, and stir to mix the seasonings.
- Garnish with the pieces of beets, and cover with the cheese, (if the beet is still war, the cheese will melt), coarsely chopped pistachios, and bean sprouts on top. Add an extra pinch of salt, vinegar and olive oil on top, taking into account seasoning already added.
|Calories520Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.