A stuffing of buttery, garlicky Ritz cracker crumbs and a topping of melted cheese make these mushrooms totally addicting.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 36 Ritz Crackers (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg whites
- 2 ounces shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the crackers into a large Ziploc bag. Using either a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy glass, crush the crackers into coarse crumbs.
- Place the cracker crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add the parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high heat for 30-40 seconds, until melted.
- Pour the butter over the cracker crumbs and stir with a fork to combine.
- Add the egg white and shredded cheese to the bowl. Use a fork to mix until the ingredients and thoroughly combined and the mixture holds together when pinched.
- With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous Tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly into each cavity, using enough so that the mushrooms are domed with stuffing.
- Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the stuffing is nicely browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes before plating and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.