Finding a decadent and delicious side dish option for a special small intimate gathering can be a challenge. This recipe for Risotto with Jerusalem Artichokes and Fennel Seeds takes an hour to prepare and will be the star of the dinner. It is perfect paired with your favorite hearty meat entrée. This rich and dreamy recipe combines hearty artichokes with dry white wine and, savory spices and bacon for taste that is out of this world.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500 grams jerusalem artichokes
- chicken stock (1 lt.)
- 350 grams risotto rice
- 200 milliliters dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 20 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 slices bacon (fried until crisp)
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions and garlic over low heat until they are translucent.
- Add the peeled and chopped artichokes.
- Add broth, increase the heat and cook for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix everything in a blender until smooth.
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, add the rice and stir to coat until translucent.
- Pour the white wine and stir until it is completely evaporated.
- From now on, start adding ladles of the Jerusalem artichoke mixture and stir until fully absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Repeat this process until the rice is cooked al dente, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the Parmesan cheese and the butter, stir.
- To serve, arrange risotto on each plate, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle fennel seeds.
- Garnish with a slice of bacon on each plate .
PER SERVING *
|Calories800Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.