Risotto is the perfect dinner party food, since it's always delicious and most people never make it themselves, preferring to order it at their favorite Italian restaurants instead. This version is enhanced with watercress, which adds pepper flavors (similar to arugula, which could be substituted if desired) and a lovely verdant color. It's finished in the usual way: with butter and grated cheese (as much as you like). Serve with grilled salmon.
- 200 arborio rice
- 50 watercress (grs of)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 liter chicken broth
- 100 milliliters white wine
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- grated cheese (to taste)
- Fry the onion with olive oil until translucent.
- Joins rice and stir for 1 minute.
- Joins the chopped garlic, wine and stir until it evaporates.
- From then go adding hot water slowly until the rice is cooked and stirring constantly.
- At the half of the cooking the watercress is placed.
- If not required, do not use all the water, but only until the rice is cooked.
- After turning the heat off, add the butter and grated cheese to taste.
- I accompanied with grilled salmon.