- 5 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass (pale section only)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (about 2 inch thick, peeled and sliced)
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (plus extra to shallow-fry)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (medium, seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- greens (Steamed Asian, to serve)
- Bring stock, lemongrass and ginger to a boil in a medium saucepan on high heat. Reduce heat to very low and simmer until ready to use. Place mushrooms in a heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 mins or until mushrooms are tender. Drain then chop finely.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and sauté for 5 mins or until softened. Add the rice and sauté for 1 min. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add a ladleful of hot stock to rice mixture; stir constantly until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed before adding more (this will take about 35 mins or until rice is tender but firm to the bite).
- Stir mushrooms and kecap manis into the risotto. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 2 hours to cool. Remove ginger and lemongrass; discard.
- Using wet hands, shape the risotto into patties. Coat in flour; shake off excess.
- Heat extra oil in a large deep skillet on medium-high heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Shallow-fry patties, in batches, for 2 mins on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- For the curry sauce, place curry paste in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add coconut milk; simmer for 2 mins or until sauce thickens. Drizzle risotto cakes and greens with curry sauce. Serve.
|Calories410Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.