- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 onions (large, thinly sliced)
- 12 black olives (pitted and chopped, such as Kalamata)
- 1 piece parmesan cheese (1-2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons marjoram (OR thyme, coarsely chopped, optional)
- 8 ounces rigatoni (OR other small pasta shape)
- In medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp (reserve drippings); blot, coarsely chop and set aside. In bacon drippings, sauté onion until soft and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and transfer to warm serving platter or large shallow bowl. Toss pasta with bacon, onion and olives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, toss again. Serve with shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serves 4.