This recipe is a spicy Mexican-Cajun-Italian mix! It’s also a quick and simple recipe that is a bit unusual and tastes great! Mike Chrypraski sent us this winning recipe from Philadelphia and is a local market winner in the Bring it t-ON-g! Pork Grilling Challenge.
- 1 pound pork sausage (grilled then sliced or chunked)
- 1 pound shrimp (large, shelled and deveined)
- 1 pound rigatoni (cooked)
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces chopped tomatoes (with green chiles)
- 12 ounces stewed tomatoes (Italian-style, chopped or diced)
- 3 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (chopped)
- Grill shrimp and sausage until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, set aside. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet sauté onion and garlic. Add canned tomatoes and chiles. Heat thoroughly. Stir in cream, add sausage, shrimp and pasta and mix until ingredients are hot. Garnish with chopped Roma tomatoes and chopped onions. Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.