Rigatoni Pasta with Tomato Sauce with Eggplants and TunaL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Before you begin this recipe, you'll need to grill or broil a small eggplant and cut it into cubes. You can do this up to a day in advance, if desired, and refrigerate until needed. The eggplant is then cooked along with sliced red onion, canned tuna (preferably packed in oil), white wine, basil, and tomato puree to make a tasty sauce for rigatoni or other short tubular pasta shapes.
- 350 grams rigatoni
- 1/2 red onion (sliced finely)
- 1 eggplant (small, sliced, grilled, and cut into small cubes)
- tuna in oil
- 3 ounces white wine
- tomato purée
- basil leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Prepare the sauce by sauteing the onion with some olive oil, add the eggplant cubes and the tuna.
- 2Add the wine and allow it to evaporate.
- 3Add the tomato puree and a few basil leaves, season with salt and pepper, and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- 4In the meantime cook the pasta in a stockpot full of boiling salted water and drain ‘al dente.’
- 5Add the sauce to the pasta, stir well to combine, add a drizzle of olive oil, and serve hot.