- 1 pound shells (elbows, mini, mini ziti, or your favorite macaroni shape)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 slices American cheese (individually-wrapped yellow, yup, the plastic-wrapped kind -- a better quality brand if you can find it, like Cabot's)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar (full-fat, or cheddar blend)
- 8 slices crispy bacon (roughly chopped, optional)
|Calories840Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Licarde 13 days ago
You can use Velveeta block cheese instead of American slices. Just Chop up 1 lb of Velveeta into 1/2 squares. Much better flavor and creamier. Using Velveeta also will lessen the amount of heavy cream needed. I also add 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion and a few diced pickled jalapeño peppers to give it some extra zip (10 or so pepper slices.....more if you want it spicier). Bacon bits are also a good substitute. Preheat your oven to 350 to use for the last step. You will need a half stick of butter to sauté the onions and jalapeños. It can be done in a microwave bowl. Just place butter, ,bacon bits, chopped onions and jalapeños in a bowl and cook for a few minutes. When the onions are tender, place the cut up cheese blocks in the same bowl and microwave until melted and smooth. Mix well and add heavy cream in small amounts to get desired consistency. Place pasta in a baking dish and pour melted cheese mix over the pasta. Mix well with the pasta. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack at 350. Bon App’etit
sarah 9 Dec 2018
Facile, bon👌🏼ajouté un peu de ricotta, presque pas de parmesan par contre, en mettre la prochaine fois!
Faith Garcia 6 Dec 2018
This was the best! Super easy and tasty! We also added chicken and it was perfect!