Scones are a decadent creation that is can be made into a sweet treat or a savory biscuit. This recipe for Ricotta-filled Squash Scones takes 50 minutes to prepare and will be the star of the dinner. This sweet and savory dish combines flavorful cheeses with squash for a rich way to start your day. Cook these up in the morning and watch your family jump for joy. Happy cooking!
- 350 grams squash ("Blue of Hungary", peeled and chopped)
- 375 grams flour
- 80 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 130 milliliters buttermilk
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- 50 grams mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the squash in a steamer basket.
- Let it cool and blend it, until it turns to a puree.
- Pour flour, Parmesan, baking powder, and cumin seeds in a bow. Mix.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl. Add 125 milliliters of buttermilk and the pureed squash. Feel free to add more buttermilk if the puree is too thick.
- Mix to get a nice ball of dough. Place it on your floured surface.
- Separate it into 2 equal portions and flatten slightly using the roll to form 2 identical circles.
- Place the first of them in a pan.
- Spread ricotta cheese with a knife, add the grated mozzarella, sprinkle with salt, and cover with the second disc of dough.
- Put the egg yolk in a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of buttermilk, mix, and then coat the scone with a brush.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and sea salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.