- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- egg whites (4 lg.)
- 1 pinch salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (medium size, finely chopped, 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 zucchini (medium size, 6 oz. quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (drained in a sieve for 1 hour)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- tomatoes (2 lg., chopped, 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- (The crepes can be made up to 2 days ahead, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated until ready to use. If you wish, assemble several hours in advance and bake just before serving.)
- To prepare the crepes; in a food processor or blender, combine the buttermilk, flour, egg whites and salt and whirl for 30 seconds or until well blended. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Coat an 8 inch nonstick skillet with the cooking spray. Heat the skillet over moderately high heat. Pour a scant 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and quickly tilt to coat the bottom of the pan with the batter. Cook for 30 seconds to 45 seconds or until the underside of the crepe is cooked and lightly colored. With a spatula,
- To prepare the filling; in an 8 inch nonstick
- skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and the garlic and saute, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add the zucchini and water and cook, covered, 5 minutes more or until the zucchini is tender. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish. In a medium sized bowl, combine the Ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and the zucchini mixture. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the filling onto a quarter section each crepe. Fold the crepe in half, then quarters, forming a fan shape.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tomatoes and tomato paste. Spread 1/4 cup of the mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the filled crepes in a single layer on top and spoon the rest of the tomato mixture over them. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
|Calories330Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.