Soft, simple, fragrant, and moist, this recipe for Ricotta Cheese Bundt Cake will soon become a favorite in your cake repertoire. Sweet and a little savory, this cake is made with sheep's milk ricotta cheese and is delicately flavored with fresh orange juice, lemon zest, and vanilla bean. The cake has a full flavor, with nothing lacking, and a perfect density of texture. Bake time is 45 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar after the cake has cooled for an elegant finish.
- 300 grams ricotta cheese (sheep milk)
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 300 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 50 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 50 grams milk (at room temperature)
- 50 grams orange juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- grated lemon peel
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 tsp. vanilla extract.)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Soften the ricotta cheese by putting it through a sieve.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl and add the ricotta cheese.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the sugar and ricotta cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the butter, then add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one completely before adding the next.
- Add the seeds of the vanilla bean, the orange juice, and grated lemon peel, and last, the milk.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and add it to the batter, stirring just enough to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan, level the top carefully and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
|Calories850Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.