These braided Ricotta Bread Rolls will make a beautiful and savory addition to any lunch or dinner table. A light fluffy texture inside, these bread rolls perfectly capture the savory flavor of ricotta cheese. Brushed with an egg wash, these Ricotta Bread Rolls are then sprinkled with a spice blend including thyme, sea salt, sesame seeds, sweet paprika and curry making these a truly savory bread. A leavened dough, you will need to give yourself ample time to prepare the rolls in order to allow the dough to rest and the gluten to develop between steps.
- 350 grams flour
- 150 grams strong flour
- 125 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 eggs
- 25 grams butter
- 12 grams brewer's yeast
- 10 grams salt
- 180 milliliters water
- sweet paprika
- sesame seeds
- coarse salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add a pinch of sugar.
- Knead the two types of flour, ricotta cheese, softened butter, salt, and water with the yeast for approximately 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for approximately 90 minutes.
- Divide the dough into six pieces and each of the six pieces into three equal parts. Shape each of the pieces into links measuring 20 centimeters in length. Make a braid with three links and then bring the ends together and close into a ring shape.
- Repeat this step with all the pieces of dough and place the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with the spices, to your liking.
- Let the rolls rest for approximately 30 more minutes.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes at 180C.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and cool the rolls on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.