Rice with Shrimp and MonkfishHoje para Jantar
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 monkfish (pack, diced)
- shrimp (to taste)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tomatoes (large ripe)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 bouillon cube (seafood, or similar)
- hot pepper
- 1 shellfish broth (tbp prepared)
- 1 sprig coriander
- 1Heat water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 2Season with a pinch of salt and coriander seeds.
- 3Add monkfish and shrimp and cook for 3 minute in boiling water.
- 4Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 5Save the cooking water.
- 6In another pan, heat olive oil and sauté chopped onion, whole garlic clove and bay leaf.
- 7Peel tomatoes, remove seeds and add to pan.
- 8Cut peppers into strips and add to pan.
- 9Sauté for 2 minutes and add rice.
- 10Cook rice until water evaporates.
- 11Deglaze pan with wine and let it evaporate.
- 12Add parsley, fish broth and 3 1/2 cups fish cooking water.
- 13Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 14Add cooked shrimp and monkfish.
- 15Mix gently with a fork or by shaking the pan.
- 16Season to taste.
- 17When rice grains are al dente, season with a pinch of hot pepper.
- 18Dissolve 1 tablespoon seafood broth in 1/2 cup fish cooking water and add to rice mixture.
- 19Mix carefully and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.