- 2 pounds boneless pork loin (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon annatto (ground)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 jalapeno chiles (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups long grain rice (extra)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pork cubes and sauté until browned on all sides. Add the garlic, annatto, paprika, cayenne, jalapeños and salt and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to a low; simmer for about 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Drain the liquid from the pot into a glass measuring cup (measure in batches if needed) to make sure you have 4 cups of liquid remaining to cook the rice. If needed, add water to equal 4 cups. Return liquid to pot and increase heat to high; stir in rice and peas, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve with a green salad or vegetable.
Dru Graham 26 Feb 2018
amazing! i ended up making it into fried rice and date night went well!