If you are looking for the perfect shrimp dish that is savory, sweet and sensational, then try this recipe for Rice wth Cajun Tapenade Shrimp. This dish combines the spicy cajoun flavors with the sweet seafood and rice for a decadent one dish meal. Feel free to serve with your favorite bread or salad for a hearty dinner. The best part about cooking shrimp is that they do not take long to make, so this is a dinner any night of the week.
- 500 grams shrimp
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 shallots
- 2 leeks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar tapenade (Cajun)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Peel the shrimp
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to instructions.
- Chop the shallot and the leeks.
- In a skillet, saute the shallot and chopped leeks in the olive oil
- Gently mix in the shrimp and tapenade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are cooked.