Rice in Broth with LobsterRecetas del Señor Señor
Cooking your rice in something besides water makes for a flavorful and bold dish. In this recipe the rice is cooked in a broth made from lobster juice, vegetables, and a little bit of brandy. This combination of flavors makes for a dish that is memorable and delicious. The recipe comes together with just 12 ingredients and cooks in about 35 minutes. The lobster is super tender, while the flavorful rice and vegetable combination makes for a filling meal.
- 1 lobster (fresh or frozen)
- cooking oil
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and seeded)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (choricero, flesh, or any sweet pepper)
- 100 milliliters brandy
- 200 grams rice (bomba, or any short rice)
- 1 bay leaf
- saffron (may be substituted with food coloring)
- fish (1 lt., and shellfish fume)
- 1Separate the claws from the body.
- 2Cut the head off, and cut in two.
- 3Cut the tail into 4–5 centimeter pieces.
- 4Once the lobster is in pieces, fry in hot oil for a few minutes and remove. This will release the juices and give flavor to the vegetables.
- 5Remove the lobster, and fry the peppers in the same saucepan. Once the peppers are golden brown, add the tomatoes, as well as the choricero pepper flesh and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the brandy and carefully flambee if you know how to, or wait for a few minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- 7Add the rice and cook for a minute. Add the lobster, the bay leaf and the saffron. Pour in 4 times as much fume as there is rice and add salt as needed.
- 8Cook for about 18 minutes and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.