- 1 cup wheat flour (whole whole grain whole)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bag instant brown rice (cooked and drained)
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or black)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup colby jack cheese (shredded)
- chopped cilantro (a handful of fresh)
- Stir all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add in the egg whites and water and whisk until smooth.
- This is just like making a crepe. Using a non stick pan with a spritz of non stick spray, over medium low heat, pour about a 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of the pan. Holding the handle of the pan, immediately begin to rotate your wrist to quickly move the batter around the pan. Don't stress about getting it perfectly round. Flip over and cook on the other side. Continue until all the batter is used.
- Lay each tortilla out and scoop some of the filling onto the end closest to you. Fold the end over the filling then fold the sides in. Roll all the way up then place seam side down into a baking dish.
- Pop into a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes to warm through.
- For the fresh cold salad to top the burritos with... 2 diced plum tomato, 1 diced avocado, 1 Tbsp sliced olives, fresh cilantro & fresh lime juice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.