- 8 pounds crown roast of pork (12-rib)
- 2 cups rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup long-grain rice (wild and, uncooked)
- 4 ounces dried apricot
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 3 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- orange slices (optional)
- Place roast, bone tips up, on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover ends of bones with a strip of foil. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 2 hours.
- While roast is baking, cook rice according to package directions, adding apricots the last 10 minutes and cinnamon during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Combine rice mixture and chopped pecans; mix well. Combine orange juice concentrate and honey, mixing well.
- Fill roast cavity with rice mixture. Place the remaining rice mixture in a small baking dish. Dot the rice stuffing with butter. Brush roast with some of the orange juice mixture. Continue baking roast and rice for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees F. (Allow about 15 minutes per pound total cooking time). Brush occasionally with the orange juice mixture. Let rest about 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer roast to a warm serving platter. Garnish with orange slices and cranberries, if desired.