Rice pudding is a nostalgic treat that provides sweet and hearty decadence. This recipe for Rice Pudding with Strawberry Sauce takes 55 minutes to make and will please the palate. Ingredients include milk, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, fine grain salt, rice, egg yolks, strawberries, and powdered sugar. Whether you need a sweet treat for a party, dinner celebration, or just a warm late night snack, give this one a try.
- 0.5 liters milk
- 250 milliliters coconut milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch fine-grain salt
- 180 grams rice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk with the coconut milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Bring the mix to a boil, and then add the rice.
- Cook the rice for approximately 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is soft and creamy.
- Just before removing the rice from the heat, stir in the egg yolk. Remove the rice from the heat and set it aside.
- Mash the strawberries with the three tablespoons of coconut milk until it becomes a well mixed sauce.
- Divide the rice pudding into ramekins, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, and drizzle them with the strawberry sauce.
- Cook them for approximately 2 minutes until the sugar begins to carmelize.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce and serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.