Rich and creamy, this scrumptious recipe for Rice Pudding makes a great wintertime dessert. Full of warm flavors, this rice pudding combines the sweet and spice perfectly. Cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla, and almond flavors run throughout this sticky pudding. Sliced apples contribute an additional flavor and texture element. A cozy dessert that will envelope your tastebuds like a warm blanket, serve this Rice Pudding by itself or with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- 100 grams rice
- 20 grams brown sugar
- 4 milliliters vanilla extract
- 375 milliliters milk
- 2 apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 eggs
- 100 grams cream quark
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 milliliters almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (ground, optional)
- Mix the rice, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium cooking pot. Pour milk in until the rice is covered, then heat it at medium-high flame.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium-low flame and pour in milk until the rice is covered again. Repeat for 50 minutes until you’ve used all the milk, while stirring occasionally using a wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the apples with the rice and pour it into a deep wide cooking tray.
- Mix the egg, Quark cheese, sugar, and almond extract, and pour it over the rice in the cooking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the oven, let it cool off, and serve with sprinkled cinnamon on top if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.