Rice Pie with Goat CheeseMadeleine Cocina
This rice pie is a hearty and flavor-packed meal that is sure to keep you full and satisfied. Tender rice is mixed with eggs and cheese, then topped with tomatoes, olives, turkey ham, and goat cheese. The dish is broiled for a savory and filling meal. Pair it with a salad or some chicken for a complete and filling meal. This rice dish is a great one to enjoy when the weather is chilly, just cozy up with a warm bowl under a blanket.
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cheese (mild melting, shredded)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices turkey ham
- 50 grams goat cheese (crumbled)
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 eggs
- 8 olives
- 1Cut the tomatoes into sections and sprinkle with coarse salt to draw out the liquid.
- 2Rinse the rice until the water comes out clear. Put in a pan with 1 cup water and cook, covered, until the water is evaporated. Leave covered and set aside for 20 minutes.
- 3Mix the rice with the egg white, salt, pepper, and half a cup of the cheese
- 4Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and fill with the rice mixture, pressing down slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes on medium power.
- 5Place the tomatoes into a baking dish, sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until slightly cooked.
- 6Place the slices of turkey ham on top of the rice and cover with the tomatoes, the goat cheese, and the olives.
- 7Mix the egg yolk with the egg, cream, and milk. Add salt and pepper. Spread onto the rice base and microwave at medium high power for 2 minutes.
- 8Broil for 20 minutes until the surface is golden brown. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories750Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.