This rice noodle salad makes a delicious and healthy lunch that is great to bring to the office. Asian-inspired ingredients make this recipe a real standout, with ingredients such as mint, cilantro, and kaffir lime. Protein-rich chicken breasts help this salad be a filling meal, while carrots add a little bit of sweetness and a serving of vegetables. A sprinkling of peanuts on top of the salad add a bit of crunch and a ton of flavor to round the dish out.
- 1 package rice noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 shallot
- 4 cups lime juice (tablespoons)
- 4 cups nuoc nam
- 4 cups brown sugar (tablespoons)
- 1 cup carrots (tablespoons of grated)
- spring onion (The stem of a, only the green finely chopped)
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mint (tablespoon chopped)
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (small)
- 2 cups peanuts (tablespoons coarsely crushed)
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water as instructed on the package. Drain and let cool.
- Roughly chop the chicken breasts and cook them in a frying pan with a 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Let them to cool evenly and put them aside.
- Mix in a small bowl the sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Mix well until the sugar is fully dissolved. Chop the chili finely and remove the seeds (this is the spiciest part). Add it to the sauce with the kaffir lime leaf, minced shallot, stem of spring onion and grated carrots.
- Mix the noodles with the chicken and the sauce. When it's ready to serve, add the peanuts and the chopped herbs.