Bring the fresh flavors of the coast to your dinner table with these tasty stuffed Rice Crepes. Take each sheet of rice paper and first lay down the zucchini, radishes, and star-shaped beets. Add the cooked rice and seasoned sprouts and arugula mixture to the top of this and then roll each like a burrito. A homemade sweet and salty fish sauce provides the perfect dipping sauce for these light and fresh coastal flavored Rice Crepes.
- 6 servings
- 1 cup rice (Oriente Thai Jasmin, or similar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sprouts
- 3 tablespoons arugula
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 6 sheets rice
- 6 slices beets (cut in star shapes)
- 1/2 zucchini (thinly sliced sticks)
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced)
- parsley (chopped)
- water (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- toasted sesame seeds (to taste)
- Start by cooking the rice with a pinch of salt, then cut all the ingredients for easy assembly. In general, ingredients should be shaped as thin and long to conform to the shape of the roll.
- Mix the soy sprouts with the arugula, and season to taste with salt, pepper, olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- After the rice is cooked, rinse with cold water to cool faster, and to help to remove it's gum.
- To start preparing the crepes, have all the ingredients ready, and follow the steps pictured The zucchini helps define the shape of the crepe.
- For the sauce, in a bowl, mix water, fish sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, scallion, and toasted sesame seeds.
PER SERVING *
|Calories60Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.