This classic dish substitutes yogurt for sour cream, for a flavorful low-fat version. If made the day before the baking time may take a few minutes longer. A great side for Pork Tortas or Chile-Rubbed Pork Fajitas.
- 2 cups rice (hot, cooked)
- 3/4 cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 6 ounces green chile (chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat yogurt (plain)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (crushed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (low fat shredded)
- Mix toegether all ingredients well and turn into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Cover and refrigerate if made the day ahead. Bake in 350 degree F. oven, uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serves 4.