Rice CakeAnanás e Hortelã
This is among the most basic of batters but it still manages to yield a flavorful cake, proving that sometimes less is best (as in less fuss and less ingredients). Just butter, eggs, sugar, grated lemon zest, milk, salt, flour, and baking powder are needed for the batter, which comes together quickly with an electric mixer. Be generous when sprinkling the cake with sugar before putting in the oven to bake, for a crunchy topping.
- 75 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 150 milliliters milk
- 350 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- sugar (for dusting)
- 1Grease loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 4Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- 5Beat eggs and sugar and mix in butter, lemon zest, milk and a pinch of salt.
- 6Mix flour and baking powder into egg mixture.
- 7Place batter in pan, sprinkle generously with sugar and bake in preheated oven.