Make your own bread and use up any leftover rice with this unique recipe for Rice Bread. Incorporating cooked rice into the bread dough, this rustic bread makes the perfect side for dipping into a hearty stew. Flavored with your favorite herb blend, this is a yeasted dough and so will need time to rise throughout the preparation process to get the correct inner texture. Cook the Rice Bread baguettes with steam to obtain a beautiful dark crust.
- 200 grams cooked rice (leftover, cold)
- 510 grams bread flour
- 50 grams whole wheat flour
- 5 grams herbs (choice)
- 300 grams water
- 10 grams active dry yeast
- 15 grams salt
- Mix the cold rice with the bread flour, whole-wheat flour, herbs, and yeast.
- Add the water, mix, and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and start to knead until the gluten is well formed. You should be able to pinch off a section and stretch it between 2 hands without it breaking.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise.
- Once doubled in volume, punch down the center. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 3 sections. Form each section into a baguette. Cover each with a damp cloth and let rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius and set a floured pizza stone inside to preheat with the oven.
- When the baguettes have risen again, place a baking tray filled with volcanic rocks and boiling water into the bottom of the oven.
- Carefully transfer the baguettes onto the pizza stone and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. During this time, they should rise in the oven.
- Then reduce the heat to 210 degrees Celsius and bake another 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door a crack, and let the bread sit inside for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread to a baking rack to cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.