So you want to prepare ribs for a crowd but aren't sure how to about it. Well, here's an excellent introduction to cooking ribs (or just a refresher for experienced home cooks). First you want to rub the meat with a flavorful marinade, such as the one here that's made with garlic and mixed fresh herbs, and let it rest for at least two hours before roasting. Meanwhile, you can also prepare creamy mashed potatoes that's seasoned with nutmeg and parmesan.
- 2 garlic cloves
- herbs (for example: mint, chives, parsley, coriander)
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 eggs
- grated parmesan cheese
- milk (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crush the garlic, herbs and lemon juice in a mortar to make a paste.
- Spread paste over the ribs and let marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place ribs on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Bake the potatoes until very soft. Peel and mash together with the egg and butter.
- Add the milk little by little until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Season with salt, pepper and grated cheese.