Looking for a hearty soup as an easy lunch meal? We have the perfect recipe for you! Try our Ribollita Tuscan Soup recipe. It is the perfect Italian dish to prepare for a lunchtime meal. The rich Italian flavors make this soup different than the rest. You will fall in love with the tomato flavor. Let us know your thoughts on this Ribollita Tuscan Soup recipe. We are looking forward to hearing what you think!
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 grams cannellini beans (or pinto, toscanelli, or a combination, cooked)
- 300 grams black cabbage
- 200 grams savoy cabbage
- 250 grams swiss chard
- 2 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 150 grams bread (day-old Tuscan)
- 1 rosemary (twig)
- vegetable broth (2 lt.)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Saute 3 tablespoons of oil with the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and the clove of garlic in a deep terracotta saucepan.
- Add the remaining vegetables, previously cleaned and coarsely chopped, and saute for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beans, half blended into a velvety cream and the other half added whole, the tomato sauce, and the rosemary.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook on very low heat for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the garlic and rosemary twig.
- Cut the bread into thin slices and place it in a soup tureen alternating it with the soup.
- It is recommended to let the soup rest overnight. Heat it up before serving. Serve with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkling of grated Pecorino cheese and a Chianti Classico.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.