Rhubarb and Strawberry GaletteOn dine chez Nanou
Galettes are a wonderful and tasty alternative to torts or pies. This recipe for Rhubarb and Strawberry Galette is decadent and rich. It takes 55 minutes to prepare this recipe that has four succulent servings. Serve these at your next book club meeting. The women will love them. If you like strawberry rhubarb pie, you will love these tasty treats. Everyone will want this recipe for their next party. Enjoy!
- 310 grams flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 210 grams butter (cut into small pieces)
- ice water (6 cl.)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 bunch rhubarb (peeled and chopped)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolks
- 1In a salad bowl mix the flour, salt and butter to form a crumby mix.
- 2Gradually add water and mix with your fingers to get a smooth ball of dough.
- 3Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- 4Wrap with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 6Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 7Remove the dough from the refrigerator and wait 6-7 minutes before using.
- 8Roll out dough on a floured surface to a circle of 35/40 cm in diameter and 3 mm thickness.
- 9Arrange the fruit in the center, leaving the outer 2 to 4 inches of tart dough free of any fruit filling.
- 10Sprinkle fruit with half of the granulated sugar.
- 11Fold the edges of the tart dough over the filling to form a thick edge.
- 12Using a brush, glaze the edges of the tart with the egg yolk beaten with 1 teaspoon of water.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 14Bake about 40 minutes until edges are golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.